As you may be able to guess, this is the shell configuration file for the C-shell.
Modifying your prompt can make your work experience more productive. Here are some common variables for customizing your C-Shell prompt:
- %/ - The current working directory shown as /home/user/
- %~ - The current working directory with your own home directory shown as "~" and other users shown as "~user"
- %m - The machine's hostname up until the first . (Ex: freebsd.yourdomain.com would show up as simply "freebsd")
- %n - Displays the username you are logged on as
- %M - The machine's full hostname (Ex: freebsd.yourdomain.com)
- %t - Shows the time in 12 hour format (Ex: 4:04pm)
- %T - Shows the time in 24 hour format (Ex: 16:04)
- %p - Shows the "precise" time of day in 12 hour format (Ex: 4:04:01)
- %P - Shows the "precise" time of day in 24 hour format (Ex: 16:04:01)
To experiment with various prompts, use the command set prompt. Here is an example:
% set prompt='[%t][%n@%m:%~]% '
Now your prompt looks like this:
To make these changes permanent, you can add the "set prompt" line above into your .cshrc file. If you wish to make them global for all accounts, add that line into /etc/csh.cshrc
White dress, green wedding
Lindsey Gehl and Ryan Bell have a vision of their June wedding being white - and green, too.The 27-year-olds will pledge their troth in a traditional ceremony, followed by a reception amid the scenic trails and wildlife habitats of the Pilcher Park Nature Center in Joliet, Illinois, to which theyre donating $600.
Food People Power
For many years, people living in West Oakland had accepted eating unhealthy food as a way of life. That is, until a small group of people decided to change their community through Mandela MarketPlace, a non-profit that partners with local residents and rural, minority farmers to bring fresh agricultural produce to their local corner stores. Mandela MarketPlace now represents the difference that youth can make by challenging prevailing paradigms - you CAN select what you put in your body.
The Opposite Of Poverty Is Justice
Three Qualifications for the New Politician
There are plenty of politicians who genuinely desire to serve their communities and nations with humility and integrity, dedicating their lives to the cultivation of a wisdom that will benefit society at large; sadly, they are a minority.
9 Steps to Achieving Flow (and Happiness) at Work
[Flow means] being completely involved in an activity for its own sake. The ego falls away. Time flies. Every action, movement, and thought follows inevitably from the previous one, like playing jazz. --Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi